What type of data do we collect?
To assist us with our fundraising efforts, it is necessary for us to collect and process personal data about you. Categories of personal data that we collect include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- details about the part of Kier you work for
- the location in which you work
- donation details
- any personal data that you may volunteer, including messages of support
For gift aid purposes we will also ask you for your postal address.
We will not store payment card details.
How will we use your data?
Your personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us to:
- help us with our fundraising efforts
- improve our business
- communicate with you and provide details of our fundraising initiatives
- provide updates to our business partners or clients
- promote our fundraising commitment
Details of donations made may be promoted on our website.
Do we pass data to third parties?
We will only pass your personal data to third parties where it is absolutely necessary. Before passing any of your information, we will assess the appropriateness and necessity of any disclosure and minimise the information we disclose. These third parties may include, where applicable:
- Funraisin (https://www.funraisin.co/)
- Bank and payment providers
- government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers as well as our professional advisors (including legal advisors and auditors) where we are required to do so
- HMRC for gift aid purposes if you make a donation and claim gift aid
How is my data safeguarded?
The security of your data is important to us. Access to the data is only provided to our staff and other third parties who need access for the purposes described above.
We have in place security measures to protect the security of your personal information and keep it confidential. We review these measures regularly to make sure they remain appropriate.
We will keep your personal information for at least as long as you remain a supporter of our fundraising initiatives.
On what grounds will you process my personal data?
We must have a legal reason to process your personal information. The information you provide will be processed because there is a legitimate interest to both you and us in helping to raise funds for the charities we support. In regard to Gift Aid, we have a legal obligation to share data with HMRC.
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right to access and correct your information and, in certain circumstances, restrict or object to our use of it. We may need extra information from you to deal with any request. If you would like to discuss or exercise these rights, please contact Kier Foundation Manager by email email@example.com If you do not want us to process your data, then it may have an impact on our fundraising initiatives and the information we provide to you.
In the event that you have cause for complaint please contact us and we will follow up to resolve this. If you have a data privacy related complaint, you also have the option to direct your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org